There was not an exact match for the language you toggled to. You have been redirected to the nearest matching page within this section.
Surnadal borders on the districts of Halsa, Rindal and the county of Sør-Trøndelag in the Trollheimen moutain range, on Sunndal as well as on Surnadalsfjorden.
Ferry between Kvanne - Rykkjern and bus service to Kristiansund, Halsa, Sunndal and Trondheim.
Skei, with the council offices, cultural centre, hotel, shopping centre, cafés and various shops, health and social welfare institutions, bank, off-licence and service enterprises.
· Surna, one of Norway's best salmon and trout rivers.
· Svinvik Arboretum, a collection of plants with particular emphasis on rhododendrons and coniferous trees.
· Kårvatn mountain farm with farm museum, starting point for trips into Trollheimen and Innderdal.
· Surnadal Museum. Nordmarka ski centre, county cross-country ski trail.
· Mo Church, a Y-shaped church from 1728.
· Surnadalsøra, the old administrative centre with restored houses and the steamship quay.
· Stangvik, a beautiful waterfront community that once was the district's entre in the Middle Ages.
· Stangvik Church, a large timber church, known as an excellent venue for concerts and other cultural events.
· Two important roads into Trollheimen at Folldalen and Vindøladalen.
· Considerable activity on the cultural front at the Salmon Festival, with the election of the Salmon King in July, the Arrival of Spring weekend in May, focusing on local singing and music traditions.
· Museum of Sea-Farming in Bøfjorden with a collection of boats, fishing gear and special theme days.
· Surnadal has hotels, guesthouses, several cabin complexes and camping sites, a mountain lodge and cabins for hire.
· Restaurants, cafés, cafeterias and kiosks. Shopping centre, individual shops, plastic and timber industry.
· Doctor, dentist, specialist shops, garage and service stations. Six installations for emptying caravan septic tanks.
· Several places with demonstrations of traditional mountain farming methods, with milking, cheese-making and churning.