The footpaths in Hemsedal are a natural feature of the surroundings, following old cattle tracks, farm roads and paths. The paths provide beautiful natural and cultural experiences.
13 footpaths, total 57,5 km, are marked and graded as the Top 20 system, these are:
1. Lio (west)-Øvre Halso 3,7 km
2. Lio (east)-Øvre Halso 3,6 km
3. Lio (east)-Hølleskaret/Røggjin 3 km
4. Fjellstølatn-Hølstein-Hulbak 9 km
5. Solaust (Trøim south-Totten) 5 km
6. Dyrja(Omfarhaugen-Feten-Totten) 7 km
7. Trøim-Trøimsbøttn 4 km
8. Trøim-Fekjastølatn 7 km
9. Gravsetåsen rundet 9,2 km
10. Blomeslettatn-Vikhøvd 2 km
11. Trefta-Hyndestrønde/Notødden 1,7 km OBS! On the Hemsedal map this track also has number 10
12. Hølleskaret-Buaklanten 2,3 km OBS! On the Hemsedal map this track has number 11
13. Town centre-Hemsila-Tørsetåsen 4-9 km
Maps are recommended and are available from Hemsedal
Tourist Office, the Welcome Centre and the sport shops.
Flood-lit footpath along the river from Hemsedal village to
Hemsedal Skisenter and from the Hemsedal village to Ulsåk.
The Valley Route
Route between Hemsedal village, Hemsedal Skisenter and
Tuv, also marked from Kykjebøvegen / Seljevegen (in the
town centre behind Skogstad Hotell) and to Tuv.
The Old Royal Route
The Old Royal Route (Kongevegen) – recommended for
hiking and cycling. The road is from Venåsen at Tuv and all
the way to Bjøberg Fjellstue, with a few short sections along
Road 52. Along the road there are four information boards
with history on nature and culture in the area. On September
13th the annual “Hemsedal march” happens along the old
Synarsvaet, Nature and Culture trail, 750-1000 meters –
historic trails and a panoramic view from the rocks at
Synarsvaet. Start from Hulbak, or Rusto, upward along
ancient trade routes to mountain pastures and remote hay
fields. Separate map and marked route.
Finnstigen – scenic forest trail starting from Hemsedal Bygdatun
at Ulsåk. Continue along the trail to “Gravsetåsen”, or take
a detour via “Geiteberget” which is incl. in the “Top 20”.