This tour is conducted by Tromsø Arctic Reindeer Experience. Join Sami guides for an unforgettable reindeer experience. After a 25-minute drive from the city centre, you will visit their camp and have a chance to feed the herd of around 300 reindeer.
You will then gather inside the lavvu (Sami tent) for a hot traditional Sami meal and listen to stories about Sami culture around the campfire. The guide will also perform a joik (traditional Sami song) for the guests.
The itinerary will be:
- Pick-up from Tromsø City Centre at 10am (10:00) or 1pm (13:00) and 25min drive to our base
- Feeding the reindeer
- Lasso-throwing (but not on real reindeer)
- Coffee and hot meal inside a warm lavvu (traditional Sami tent)
- Storytelling of Sami culture
- Joik performance (traditional Sami folk song)
- 25 min bus ride back to Tromsø city-centre
Included: Guide, transfer (25 minutes each way), hot drinks, hot meal
Duration: 4 hours
Number of participants: 1-50
Level of difficulty: Easy
Departure time and place: 10am (10:00) or 1pm (13:00) at Radisson Blu Hotel Tromsø
NOTE! Check your booking confirmation for correct departure time
We are always ready to help as much as we can with any restrictions or disabilities our guests might have to make sure all our guests can participate in all activities.