This tour is conducted by Tromsø Arctic Reindeer Experience. Walk among 300 reindeer before a 15-20 minute sleigh ride. Enter a candlelit Gamme to enjoy a three-course meal followed by joik, Sami history and stories.
You also might be lucky and see the Northern Lights.
The itinerary would be:
- 6pm (18:00): Pick up from Radisson Blu Hotel in Tromsø and 25 minutes drive to Reindeer Camp
- 6.30pm (18:30): Arrive at Camp and feeding of wild reindeer and walk around the camp followed by a reindeer sledding ride (approximately 15-20 minutes)
- 7.30pm (19:30) Hot drinks (tea, coffee, hot chocolate) around the fire inside a warm candle lit gamme (Traditional Sami Hut).
- A cold smoked salmon starter, followed by a bidos and Sami bread (a vegetarian option is also possible)
- Chocolate cake and blue berry dessert while listening to storytelling of Sami Culture and how it is to be a reindeer herder
- A joik performance (traditional Sami folk song)
- Guests will have the opportunity to be outside and try to see the Northern Lights.
- Back to the city center around 10.30pm (22:30)
Included: guide, transfer (approximately 25 minutes each way), reindeer sled-ride (ca. 15-20 minutes), hot drinks, three course meal, joik, blankets
Please bring: Warm clothes (at least two layers), gloves and hat, good winter boots.
Departure time and place: 6pm (18:00) from outside of Radisson Blu Hotel
Duration: 4,5 hours
Number of participants: 1-50
Level of difficulty: easy