Out on the Aurora Chase I will find a nice location for set up my outdoor kitchen and prepare the dinner for you over open fire. When the dinner get served you`ll could relax in a chair, and just take into you GuideGunnar`s service, and hear different stories about the local history, moose- and trolls fairytales... And, of course, your camera will be nearby, if lady Aurora disturb us just under the dinner time...
Educated mountain guide, GuideGunnar was one of the first in Arctic Norway to give global travelers a unique experience under the northern lights. In your chase for the magical Aurora Borealis I will bring you to where the best weather conditions are. Sometimes we will have to drive east of the Lyngen Alps, and if we have to stay out on the trail an hour more because of that, I won't charge you extra for it. What is most important to me is that you as a guest shall have the absolute best possibility to experience what you have come here for; to see the dance of Aurora in the nightern skies.
GuideGunnar`s Aurora Chase Dinner includes
• Pick up from 3x locations in Alta (Camp Alta, Holmen Husky and Scandic hotel)
• Outdoor dinner made on camp fire; Autumn soup; An vegetar soup of mixed vegetables served with home made bread.
• For meat lovers: A side dish with a salted and dried lamb rack
• Catering snacks: Arctic Norway's traditional and locally made pastry with cream and sweet goat cheese (lefse)
• Hot black currant jus and water.
• Arctic proof warm boots and thermo suit. Dress to impress the Arctic's sub zero temperatures.
• Camera tripods to share
• If we catch a good one, I share a GuideGunnar Aurora Chase photograph from your Aurora night with you.
• A Google Map directions link, showing your Aurora Chase route
• GuideGunnar's guide service
• Return transport to your accommodation; In Alta city, Bossekop, Holmen Husky and Camp Alta
Good comfort transport:
GuideGunnar's tours run in a high quality, warm and spacious 14 seater mini bus with on screen introductions to Aurora en route to the lights.
While GuideGunnar's Aurora Chase is a wilderness tour with bathroom facilities that of nature's own, there might be bathroom facilities en route on the Aurora Chase. Please don't hesitate to ask.
Stay overnight at GuideGunnar`s pickup point!
Why not make it easy for you and stay where I pick you up for my tours... Camp Alta (in cabins) - Holmen Husky (amazing cool Sami tents) - Scandic Hotel - Thon Hotel (short walking distance to pickup at Scandic)
Pickup: Camp Alta 19.00 / Holmen Husky 19.10 / Scandic hotel 19.30
Show up time: 15 mins before departure!
Duration: 5 - 7 hours