- Remote locations
- Wilderness areas in three countries, variety of landscapes
- Accommodation in reservation huts
- Professional guide and small groups
- Easy to moderate terrain
- No previous hiking experience necessary
- Possibility to rent some hiking gear
The route is one of the few hiking trails which allow you to visit three countries in less than a week. Starting in Norway, we traverse to Sweden and finish in Finland. Your backpacks don’t need to wear you down, as you’ll only be carrying clothes, your personal items and some food. The cabins are well equipped with cooking and sleeping gear. On high season we also have tents with us, as it is not possible to book the beds in advance in Norway or Sweden.
We depart from Dividalen National Park in Norway. Hundreds of years old pine trees still have signs of the old cultures in the region. From the pine tree forest we quickly assent to the open tundra landscape, cross rivers and boulder fields, admire many rare birds and flowers on our way to Sweden and finally to Finland. The trek finishes in Kilpisjärvi, a small village in the crossing of the three Scandinavian countries. The route follows some of the most enchanting mountainous landscapes of the region, making the rough walk feel almost effortless.
The grand landscapes and remoteness of the location invite a hiker to calm down and forget the busy everyday life. You will be disconnected from the WiFi and all other networks, giving you more space to really connect with nature and yourself.
Although challenging, this tour also suits people who are new to hiking and are wanting a true wilderness experience in the comfort of a small guided group. Calmer pace means we also have time to take photos of this ever-changing landscape and moods of the wilderness.
What is included:
- Pick up and drop off from Tromso
- Accommodation; the first and last night this is shared accommodation in double rooms. All other nights we will be sharing a mountain cabin
- Buffet dinners on day 1 and 7, breakfast on day 2 and 8 at the accommodation
- Dehydrated meals for the trekking days (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- The huts all have blankets and pillows, however, you will need to bring a silk/cotton liner and pillowcase.
- Travel insurance; make sure your insurance covers activities in remote regions
- Personal hiking equipment, backpacks can be rented
- Your personal hiking gear; clothing and backpack, cotton liner and pillowcase
Make sure you inform us in case of any food allergies, diets or medical conditions/injuries relevant to the tour.
Adventure by Design has been arranging custom and private tours in Northern Norway and Finland since 2012. Gareth Hutton, the owner and lead guide, is an outdoors instructor and photographer from New Zealand. All our guides are outdoor guides with a passion for nature, physical activity and sharing the great outdoor experiences with you. We are committed to conserve the fragile nature for future generations and thus all our trips follow the leave nothing, take nothing but photos policy.