Hurtigruten - "Die schönste Seereise der Welt"
Welcome to The Cement Museeum.
Welcome to cement museum , here you can find the story of its inception and operation of Sekkefabrikken.
Slemmestad was an agricultural area in 1888 when a German-Swedish company became interested in the limestone deposits to be found in the region. The company bought farmland in order to start cement production. Excavator/loader machine is situated outside the Cement Museum. The excavator is made of wood and was powered by electricity. It was manufactured by Menck & Hambrock in 1926. The crane was purchased in 1927, and was in use in the limestone quarry at Langøya until 1955.
Slemmestad Cement Museum (Slemmestad Cementmuseum) is located in the cement factory's former bag factory in Slemmestad. The museum was opened in 1991. It features photographs, artifacts, records and other documentation that shows 100 years of development of cement production and the great importance of the factory was Slemmestad and the people who lived there.
The former "Sack Factory" in Slemmestad houses the Geology Centre, the Cement Museum and the Public Library. The museum provides an overview of 100 years of development and change within the cement production industry. The factory dominated the lives of the inhabitants of Slemmestad. Photographs, exhibits, ledgers and an archive illustrate this vanished way of life.