The Royal Manor at Bygdøy is a fully operational organic farm with approx. 60 dairy cows, 90 calves, 30 sheep and 9 ponies. Of the farm's 200 acres, 740 acres are used to produce feed for the livestock.
Large parts of the grounds are open to the public - enjoy a hike on the walking paths through this scenic and historic landscape. The farm is also open on certain days, and welcomes preschools and school groups by appointment. Riding lessons for children are offered in the autumn and spring.
Bygdø Royal Manor has been linked with the royal family since 1305, when King Haakon V Magnusson gave Bygdøy as a gift to the his queen Eufemia. The main building was built in 1733 by Count Christian Rantzau, and is used today as a summer residence H.M. The King.
The farm is run by the Norwegian Folk Museum, and the farmyard, cultivated fields and grazing lands are now part of the museum grounds.