This tour is conducted by Wandering Owl. Join a fascinating quest for the Northern Lights.
Join our Aurora hunt for an amazing experience under the Northern Lights. Dressed up to withstand the cold, we’ll take you into the wilderness to hunt the lights with a small group of guests. You will be served our home-made soup around a bonfire while sharing stories and enjoying a cup of our special hot chocolate. During the Aurora Hunt you'll be shown how to use your camera, photograph the Aurora and our guides will take photos of you. You will go home with memories of an Arctic adventure and our best pictures of your tour.
Our secret? Care for the detail!
Featured in National Geographic Traveller Luxury Collection (2017).
Included: guide, transfer, warm home-made meal (reindeer soup or vegan lentil or carrot soup), our famous cookies & hot chocolate, hot drinks, warm thermal suit, winter boots, mittens, tripod, head torch, photography tips, pictures of the tour in web sized resolution sent by email, Wi-Fi in the car and drop-off at your accommodation on Tromsø island.
Duration: 7-8 hours
Number of participants: 2-15
Level of difficulty: Easy
Latest meeting time and place:
15. SEPTEMBER - 25. MARCH
Latest meeting time and place: 5:50pm (17:50) in front of Scandic Ishavshotel
26. MARCH - 15. APRIL
Latest meeting time and place: 6:50pm (18:50) in front of Scandic Ishavshotel
IMPORTANT INFORMATION - CORONAVIRUS OUTBREAK
We would like all our guests to be informed that the following recommendations have been made to our guides and drivers by Wandering Owl management:
1. If a guest has been in or transited through China (including Hong Kong and Macau), Northern Italy or any other region with Corona virus outbreak during the last two weeks at the time of the tour that we will not be accepting the guest on the tour.
2. As people can be carriers of the virus without symptoms and are also contagious, will can not accept them on tour if they have been in any region with a serious outbreak or in an exclusion zone in the last two weeks.
3. If a guest displays symptoms of the virus on tour the guide will ask questions and action will be taken if deemed necessary.
4. We have asked our guides to refrain from making any physical contact with guests, including hand shakes. No offense is intended, the virus can be shared through contact and people can be carriers without realising.
5. We are encouraging our guides to use hand sanitiser throughout the tour.
6. In order to protect our guides and drivers (Tourism workers are high risk to be exposed) and other guests, we may have to cancel guests from tours if we deem it necessary.